All USA orders will be shipped from our USA warehouse.
All other orders will be shipped from Canada.
DTA-2178 – Eight 12G-SDI/ASI ports for PCIe
DTA-2178-SLP – Eight 12G-SDI/ASI ports for PCIe with StreamXpert Lite and StreamXpress player software.
DTA-2178-SXP – Eight 12G-SDI/ASI ports for PCIe with StreamXpert 2.0 stream analyzer and StreamXpress player.
DTA-2178-SY-SXP – Eight 12G-SDI/ASI ports for PCIe with SdEye and StreamXpert 2.0 stream analyzer and StreamXpress player.
DTA-2178-VR-SY-SXP – Eight 12G-SDI/ASI ports for PCIe with VF-Rec stream recorder, SdEye and StreamXpert 2.0 stream analyzer and StreamXpress player.
- Eight ports fully configurable from software as:
– Input or Output
– ASI or SDI
– SDI ports: SD, HD, 3G level A/B, 6G, 12G.
- Reception and/or transmission of two full-frame uncompressed 4K channels (2x 12G-SDI or 2x quad-link 3G-SDI)
- Bi-level and tri-level genlock input port for external synchronization of SDI outputs
- Sophisticated DMA engine
- Free drivers and SDK (includes Matrix API 2.0) for Windows and Linux
- Software-based UHD decoder/encoder with 12G-SDI or quad-link 3G-SDI interfacing.
- General purpose processing of a mix of 12G-SDI, 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and/or ASI signals
- Live production mixer
- Transport-stream multiplexers
- SDI and ASI multi viewers
- Multi-channel transcoding
- SDI/ASI monitoring, recording and playout
The DTA-2178 has three firmware variants as shown below:
Eight 3G-SDI/ASI channels with 12G-SDI to 3G scaling
Each channel can be configured independently as input or output, as ASI or SDI (SD, HD or 3G), or as copy of another port in a group of 4 ports. 12G-SDI input is supported by scaling to 3G in the 4K-to-2K block. Similarly, 6G-SDI can be scaled to HD.
NOTE: this variant does not support 12G-SDI or 6G-SDI output.
Dual 4K channels over 12G-SDI or quad link
This configuration supports two full 4K UHD streams: 2x 4K input, 2x 4K output, or 4K input + 4K output. Each 4K stream can be carried over 12G-SDI or over SMPTE 425-5 quad-link 3G.
Dual 12G-SDI with ASI/SDI side channel
Two 12G-SDI input or output channels with “side channels” that can be used for downscaled SDI output (up to 3G-SDI, downscaling to be handled by the software), or an independent ASI or SDI input or output. If the side channel is an output, it can be triply-buffered on ports 2/3/4 or 6/7/8.
DekTec Matrix API 2.0
The Matrix-API framework decodes incoming SDI data into pixels (in a programmable format), audio samples and ANC data structures. When a new frame has been received, the framework calls a user-supplied “frame-processor callback” for processing of the data. The user callback can create output video, audio and ANC data, which is encoded by the framework into SDI frames.
Synchronization of multiple input streams is straightforward: The video/audio/anc data of all SDI frames supplied to the callback function have the same arrival time by definition. Past frames can be accessed by an integer frame index. The framework ensures that if frames from different input ports have the same frame index, they have entered the system at the same time instance.
|Ports||8x 12G-SDI/ASI in/out
1x genlock in
All 8 SDI/ASI ports can input 12G by scaling to 3G. Ports 1 and 5 can handle full 12G-SDI input or output.
|Features||10-bit full frame access
Scaling: 1/4, 1/16
|API||DekTec Matrix API® 2.0
(Matrix API is part of DTAPI)
|Connectors||9x 75-Ω micro BNC|
|Cable length||ASI/SD-SDI – 350m
HD-SDI – 200m
3G-SDI – 150m
6G-SDI – 55m
12G-SDI – 50m
|PCI Express||Low-profile PCIe gen3 x4|
|Link||12G-SDI – SMPTE 2082
6G-SDI – SMPTE 2081
3G-SDI – SMPTE 424M (A+B)
HD-SDI – SMPTE 292M
SD-SDI – SMPTE 259M
|4K multi-link||SMPTE 425-5|
|Video formats||2160p, 1080p, 1080psf
1080i, 720p, 525i, 625i
All common formats supported
0 to 214 Mbps
|OS||Windows 7, 8, 10
Windows Server 12, 16, 19
Linux ≥2.6.18, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
|Processor||Core i5 minimum
Core i7 recommended
Or equivalent AMD CPUs
|StreamXpress||Playout TS- and SDI files|
|SpRcApi||StreamXpress remote-control API for automated playout|
|StreamXpert||Industry-standard transport-stream analyzer|
|SdEye||SDI analyzer for detailed inspection of audio, video and ancillary data|
|VF-REC||SDI/TS recorder with looping, scheduling and more|
|DekTec SDKs||Create your own application|
1. StreamXpress – Playout Software
- Low-cost, high-performance playout software that supports all DekTec output adapters
- Endless play with optional automatic correction of continuity-counter, PCR/PTS/DTS and TDT/TOT fields
- SOAP-based remote control to automate StreamXpress operations (DTC-302-RC option)
- Saving and restoring playout parameters using XML-based settings file
- Reproducible injection of errors in the transport stream with adjustable error rate
- Easy-to-use control of modulation and channel simulation parameters
2. StreamXpert – Transport Stream Analyser Software
- Real-time analysis, monitoring and recording of MPEG-2 transport streams
- Recording based on duration, size or manual
- Provides detailed statistics on the PIDs, services and tables found in the transport stream
- Displays PIDs, services, tables, descriptors, stream information and PID-grid (compact overview of all PIDs)
- User definable TR 101 290 templates
- PCR analysis
- Measurement of bitrates, PCR-accuracy and interval
- Integrated SD/HD video and audio decoder with support for MPEG-2, AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, AVS, 4:2:2 and 10 bit video streams and MP1 / MP2 / (HE-)AAC / Dolby AC3 / Dolby AC4 audio
- Deep decoding of PSI, DVB-SI, DVB-RCS and ATSC-PSIP tables and descriptors
- Closed captions decoding
- SI decoding with user templates, Dolby AC4 analysis, multi-monitor support
- Support for analysing TS-over-IP streams via a DTA-2160 / DTA-2162 or a local network port
- The world’s most cost-effective and user-friendly transportstream analyser
3. StreamXpert Lite – Light-weight version of StreamXpert for viewing and recording transport-stream contents, and for decoding audio and video.
StreamXpert StreamXpert Lite
Ribbon based GUI ✓ ✓
List with properties of all PIDs ✓ –
List with properties of all services ✓ partial
List with properties of all tables ✓ –
HEVC ✓ ✓
AVC ✓ ✓
AVS ✓ ✓
MPEG-2 ✓ ✓
4:2:2 ✓ –
10-bit ✓ –
Full screen mode ✓ ✓
Multi-monitor support ✓ ✓
HE-AAC ✓ ✓
AAC ✓ ✓
E-AC-3 ✓ ✓
AC-3 ✓ ✓
MPEG-1 Layer II ✓ ✓
DekTec input adapters ✓ ✓
PC network ports ✓ ✓
Custom table and descriptor templates ✓ –
PID Grid, graphical overview of all PIDs ✓ –
Dolby AC-4 analysis ✓ –
Manual mode ✓ ✓
Size based ✓ ✓
Duration based ✓ ✓
Measurement and Compliance
TR 101 290 priority 1, 2 and 3 ✓ –
Bitrate ✓ partial
PCR graphs ✓ –
PCR accuracy ✓ –
PCR interval ✓ –
PCR frequency offset ✓ –
4. SdEye – SDI Analysis and Monitoring Software
- Cost-effective real-time waveform analyser for SMPTE-259M signals
- Displays picture, YCbCr / RGB waveforms, vectorscope and peak meter
- Various picture display modes: interlaced, top- or bottom-field only, top and bottom field, full SDI frame
- User can select whether he wants to display Y, Cb, Cr, R, G and/or B components in the picture
- Contemporary GUI with quick access buttons and user-selectable window layout
- Supports all DekTec SDI-capable adapters including bus-powered USB-2 units for portable SDI monitoring
5. VF-Rec – Advanced transport-stream/SDI recorder
• Advanced recorder for TS, ETI, SDI, I/Q samples and T2MI.
• Allows to do continuous recording and remote control through SNMP
• Record to a single file, to multiple files or continuous
• SDI recording 10-bit full frame, up to 3G-SDI
• Remote monitoring and control through SNMP