BBG-OE-MK2-ST – 3G/HD/SD-SDI /ASI /MADI Fiber Optic Transport Receiver (Type ST fiber connector)
BBG-OE-MK2-FC – 3G/HD/SD-SDI /ASI /MADI Fiber Optic Transport Receiver (Type FC fiber connector)
BBG-OE-MK2-LC – 3G/HD/SD-SDI /ASI /MADI Fiber Optic Transport Receiver (Type LC fiber connector)
Note: includes PS4 – Universal Power Supply, UL/CSA. Input: 100-240V, 60/50 Hz. Output: 5 VDC @ 12 Watts, and Mini-USB Cable for Aux Power.
BBG-MB – Mounting bracket
The BBG-MB Mounting Bracket provides rigid, secure mounting of the unit. Heavy-gauge steel construction with a reinforced mounting flange and several mounting holes provides clean, physically secure mounting for even the most demanding mobile applications.
- Full support of 5Mbps thru 3Gbps transport conversions, with seamless auto-mode EQ/ reclocking. No switches to set for different payloads.
- Compatible with SMPTE 424M, 292M, 259M, 310M, M2S, DVB-ASI, and MADI audio
- Input lock status indicator. Optical Rx power meter field allows optical Rx confidence assessment.
- Error-free pathological support. Full compatibility with other BlueBox™ Coax/Fiber units.
- Compact size and low weight design easily affixes directly to camera or host device chassis. Optional BBG-MB mounting bracket provides rigid, secure mounting to mounting surfaces.
- SFP-based OE converter provides state-of-the-art fiber performance, power consumption, and compactness.
- Available with ST, LC, or FC fiber termination
- Dual buffered/reclocked coax BNC outputs
- Powers directly from host equipment USB or standard corded power adapter. USB power and corded adapter can be simultaneously used to provide redundant power sourcing.
The Blue Box BBG-OE-MK2 Fiber-To-Coax converter unit is a part of the Blue Box Group™ of compact, rugged, and portable converter boxes. Super-easy to use, BBG-OE-MK2 supports SMPTE 424M, 292M, and 259M as well as ASI and MADI audio.
Auto-mode EQ/reclocking automatically sets to the signal type being received while allowing unrecognized formats to be safely passed without reclocking (auto-reclock can also be manually disabled). Its wide operating range (from 5Mbps to 3Gbps) flexibly supports most professional digital serial communications.
Fully error-free pathological pattern operation is fully compatible with other professional fiber video interfaces. An SFP-based OE converter provides state-of-the-art fiber performance, power consumption, and compactness.
BBG-OE-MK2 receives its operating power via a USB connection or using an AC adapter connection. These power sources can be simultaneously used to provide redundant power sourcing.
5-16 VDC, 2.4 W
DC Power Connectors
USB Mini and coaxial locking connector (for use with supplied Cobalt power adapter)
Standards/Data Rates Supported
SMPTE 424M, 292M, 259M, 344M, 305M, DVB-ASI
5Mbps to 3Gbps pathological pattern operation
(does not support AES-3id audio or other standards using data rates < 5Mbps)
Fiber input. FC, ST, or LC connectors per ordered configuration (see Ordering Info)
Wavelength: 1260 to 1620 nm
Sensitivity/Input Usable Range: -18 dBm min; -1 dBm max
2 75Ω BNC. Reclocking automatically engaged for recognized signal standards; bypassed for unrecognized standards.
5.5” x 3” x 1” (including connector projections)
(139 x 77 x 26 mm)
Operating Temperature Range
32°F to 122°F
(0°C to 50°C)
Note: Specifications subject to change.