BBG-F-TO-H-ST – 3G/HD/SD-SDI Fiber Optic to HDMI converter (Type ST fiber connectors)
BBG-F-TO-H-FC – 3G/HD/SD-SDI Fiber Optic to HDMI converter (Type FC fiber connectors)
BBG-F-TO-H-LC – 3G/HD/SD-SDI Fiber Optic to HDMI converter (Type LC fiber connectors)
Note: includes PS4 – Universal Power Supply, UL/CSA. Input: 100-240V, 60/50 Hz. Output: 5 VDC @ 12 Watts, and Mini-USB Cable for Aux Power.
BBG-MB – Mounting bracket
The BBG-MB Mounting Bracket provides rigid, secure mounting of BBG-F-TO-H unit. Heavy-gauge steel construction with a reinforced mounting flange and several mounting holes provides clean, physically secure mounting for even the most demanding mobile applications.
- Flexible crosspoint and multiple inputs/outputs provide fiber-to-HDMI, SDI-to-fiber, and fiber regeneration conversions. HDMI output can be set as DVI-D for direct connection to computer monitors.
- Direct conversion to HDMI from SMPTE 259M, 292M and 424M SDI
- Powers directly from host equipment USB or standard corded power adapter. USB power and corded adapter can be simultaneously used to provide redundant power sourcing.
- Configurable using device DIP switches or USB GUI remote control offering dynamic configuration control, status display, and other advanced control functions not commonly found on “throwdown” packages
- Compact size and low weight design easily affixes directly to camera or host device chassis
- Singlemode fiber link distance >10 km (3Gbps), >20 km (1.5Gbps), and >35 km (270Mbps). Multimode typically >200 m.
- Compact, rugged, and portable unit
The BBG-F-TO-H converter unit is a part of the Blue Box Group™ of compact, rugged, and portable converter boxes.
BBG-F-TO-H offers a compact throwdown unit that provides direct fiber-to-HDMI conversion and much more.
The flexible built-in crosspoint and flexible I/O allows BBG-F-TO-H to also act as a fiber regenerator while providing an HDMI output. The HDMI output can also be set to provide a DVI-D output directly compatible with computer monitors.
BBG-F-TO-H also can receive a coax SDI input (SMPTE 259M, 292M, and 424M) and in turn provide an HDMI and a fiber output. BBG-F-TO-H can also provide a coax SDI output while converting fiber to HDMI. A convenience stereo analog audio de-embed output is also provided.
BBG-F-TO-H can be configured using the device DIP switches or by using an intuitive GUI application that communicates with BBG-F-TO-H over a PC’s USB port. The GUI app allows dynamic configuration control, status display, and other advanced control functions not commonly found on “throwdown” packages. When configured using the GUI app, the USB connection can be removed with all settings held in non-volatile device memory.
SMPTE 259M, 292M, 424M
(1) Fiber input. FC, ST, or LC connectors per ordered configuration (see Ordering Info).
(1) Fiber regen output. FC, ST, or LC connectors per ordered configuration (see Ordering Info).
(1) SDI I/O (mode user selectable)
(1) HDMI output (HDMI 1.4a compliant). HDMI output can be set as DVI-D (limited to SMPTE HD formats).
(1) Stereo analog audio out (L/R unbalanced pair via 3.5mm TRS jack)
Audio Conversion Format
48 kHz sampling, 24-bit
8-Ch HDMI to SDI groups 1 and 2
Power-sourced directly from host equipment USB port. Converter can also be powered using corded AC adapter (included)
5-16 VDC, 2.4 W
DC Power Connectors
USB Mini and coaxial locking connector (for use with supplied Cobalt power adapter)
Mini-USB (used for power source, USB remote control connection, and firmware upgrade upload to device)
5.5” x 3” x 1” (including connector projections)
(139 x 77 x 26 mm)
Operating Temperature Range
32°F to 122°F
(0°C to 50°C)